[ltp] Re: Bios Splash

Adam Furmanczuk linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:28:54 +0100

Hi again,

so I followed your suggestion, and had no luck with this particualar iso. [1]

> Just open the iso with isomaster, (just google it)
> there you can edit the files in the image.

Your suggestion works with other bios iso images fine. Tested it with isomaster.
When I open 8nuj08uc.iso (Lenovo e320 bios image)  in isomaster I get
blank. No files no directories. That is exaclty the same problem as if
unpacking with 7z or mounting with loopback. The best i got was
graping the 512bytes startsector with hexeditor, but was unsure on how
to proceed.

In case you have a minute to spent and are able to unpack files from
this iso please sent me or upload public. I have tried all I know and
failed.

Thanks for help,

Adam

[1] http://support.lenovo.com/en_FI/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS019500