[ltp] Fn-F5 and network

Mon, 16 Jul 2012 13:13:54 -0300

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012, David Griffith wrote:
> I haven't used bluetooth on my T42 since I switched it over from
> Ubuntu to Debian.  I can't seem to figure out how to get the Fn-F5
> combination to toggle networking or bluetooth.  I'd rather use it to
> toggle just bluetooth.  Would someone please give me a hand?  I'm
> followed the steps in
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_setup_Bluetooth but Fn-F5
> doesn't work.  What else do I need to do?

1. Adjust the thinkpad-acpi keymap to map Fn+F5 to KEY_BLUETOOTH.  How
to do this differs distro-to-distro, I believe editing udev rules is how
most of them are doing it nowadays.

2. Have something that listens to KEY_BLUETOOTH.  We had a rfkill-input
kernel module that could do it, I don't know if we still have it.
NetworkMangler^WNetworkManager is supposed to be able to do it as well.

  Henrique Holschuh