[ltp] R51 Fancontrol

Evgeni Golov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 4 Jun 2012 09:53:04 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 03, 2012 at 05:48:28PM +0000, Florian Dorpmueller wrote:
> In /etc/default/thinkfan I have "START=yes" and of course I called
> sudo /etc/init.d/thinkfan start.

Just checking :) After seeing people forgetting this, I learned to ask
more than needed :)

> Nevertheless the fan does not stop before all temperatures in /proc/acpi/ibm/thermal are below 43

That's strange. Do you see anything logged to syslog?
For me, a working thinkfan logs like this:
May 28 10:28:14 rodo thinkfan: thinkfan 0.7.3 starting...
May 28 10:28:14 rodo thinkfan: WARNING: You have
 not provided any correction values for any sensor, and your fan will
 only start at 55 °C. This can be dangerous for your hard drive.

--
Bruce Schneier can read and understand Perl programs.