[ltp] R51 Fancontrol

Evgeni Golov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 4 Jun 2012 09:53:04 +0200

On Sun, Jun 03, 2012 at 05:48:28PM +0000, Florian Dorpmueller wrote:
> In /etc/default/thinkfan I have "START=yes" and of course I called
> sudo /etc/init.d/thinkfan start.

Just checking :) After seeing people forgetting this, I learned to ask
more than needed :)

> Nevertheless the fan does not stop before all temperatures in /proc/acpi/ibm/thermal are below 43

That's strange. Do you see anything logged to syslog?
For me, a working thinkfan logs like this:
May 28 10:28:14 rodo thinkfan: thinkfan 0.7.3 starting...
May 28 10:28:14 rodo thinkfan: WARNING: You have
 not provided any correction values for any sensor, and your fan will
 only start at 55 C. This can be dangerous for your hard drive.

Bruce Schneier can read and understand Perl programs.