[ltp] [T400] Tweaking temperature range for thermal sensors

Mateusz Loskot linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 8 Jun 2012 21:41:04 +0100

Hi,

I'm tweaking thermal sensors control for Arch Linux on my T400.
I use thinkpad_acpi module.
I either set fan level manaly ACPI or use thinkfan utility.
I'm wondering, what is a typical range of temperature for HDD
during not HDD intensive tasks.
AFAIK, temperature of 50C or higher is dangerous for HDD.
Temperature range I have been observing on my laptop varies
between 36C and 43C. Does it sound right?

Could anyone point to any documentation regarding this?

I use Seagate Momentus 750 GB 7200 rpm (ST9750420AS)

p.s. I asked similar question on Thinkpad ml:
http://stderr.org/pipermail/thinkpad/2012-June/036915.html

Best regards,