[ltp] Fastest Lenovo laptop I can get

Rhesa Rozendaal linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 03:08:19 +0200

On 06/26/2012 02:20 AM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> I use apps that tax the CPU and graphics heavily, so I need the fastest
> CPU available, cutting back a bit to the current "sweet spot." I'm
> seriously considering a solid state drive, although a hybrid would be
> even more enticing. I want 15.4" at 1920 x 1080, or as close to that as
> I can get.

I have the W520 with the second fastest CPU available for that model,
1920x1080, SSD in the primary slot and the 320GB HD in the ultrabay,
16GB RAM. It's pretty damn fast. I don't actually use the Nvidia myself,
but I believe it's the best one you can get for a thinkpad right now.

> The budget is open.

I paid $2000 all in, IIRC.

> So what do y'all recommend?

It's just me of course, but I'm very pleased with this model. It's
actually beefier than most of the servers at $work :)

Rhesa