[ltp] Re: [Thinkpad] Free T60

Stefan Monnier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 29 Jun 2012 10:49:24 -0400

> You do know that all Thinkpad T60/X60 can replace the BIOS with coreboot?

No, I didn't, that would be wonderful news.
I see a few mentions of T60 support when googling for it, but nothing
sufficiently clear to make me confident I would know how to flash it and
I'd be able to assess whether I'm flashing the right firmware.

Any pointers to information about it would be very welcome (e.g. which
T60 are "supported" or at least expected to work? does flashrom work or
do I need some hardware-mod? how easily can I revert to the proprietary
firmware if something (e.g. suspend) doesn't work quite right?)

        Stefan