[ltp] x220 ExpressCard/54 CF reader

Rubin Abdi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 05 Mar 2012 12:10:58 -0800

--------------enigCC5004F2E4F81BF6C4F75700

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer wrote, On 2012-03-04 10:42:
> Has anyone got tips for a CF card reader for the ExpressCard/54 slot,
> that works with Linux? (I'm running Xubuntu, oneiric.)

I would be interested to know this too, especially if it's CF plug part
is recessed into the card and doesn't have an annoying plastic thing
sticking outside.

> Or other fun tips for what to do with an ExpressCard/54 slot?

* USB3, if you don't have an i7 X220
* eSATA, if you don't have some sort of Lenovo dock
* A general port replicator with DVI, if you don't want a whole dock
* A nice wifi card, if you're into war driving and such
* Mobile broadband, if you went the mSATA route
* (More) SSD storage, if you didn't go with mSATA, or mSATA just isn't
enough ultimate power
* Just a serial port, because you're that bad ass

In all seriousness I kind of want to know if one could boot from the
ExpressCard slot on the X220, though I don't think anyone makes
ExpressCards bigger than 96GB at the moment.

--=20
Rubin
rubin@starset.net