[ltp] x220 ExpressCard/54 CF reader
Mon, 05 Mar 2012 12:10:58 -0800
This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 2440 and 3156)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer wrote, On 2012-03-04 10:42:
> Has anyone got tips for a CF card reader for the ExpressCard/54 slot,
> that works with Linux? (I'm running Xubuntu, oneiric.)
I would be interested to know this too, especially if it's CF plug part
is recessed into the card and doesn't have an annoying plastic thing
> Or other fun tips for what to do with an ExpressCard/54 slot?
* USB3, if you don't have an i7 X220
* eSATA, if you don't have some sort of Lenovo dock
* A general port replicator with DVI, if you don't want a whole dock
* A nice wifi card, if you're into war driving and such
* Mobile broadband, if you went the mSATA route
* (More) SSD storage, if you didn't go with mSATA, or mSATA just isn't
enough ultimate power
* Just a serial port, because you're that bad ass
In all seriousness I kind of want to know if one could boot from the
ExpressCard slot on the X220, though I don't think anyone makes
ExpressCards bigger than 96GB at the moment.
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature; name="signature.asc"
Content-Description: OpenPGP digital signature
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="signature.asc"
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----