[ltp] How to reduce the "Rescheduling Interrupts" wake up?

Geraint Yang linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 30 Mar 2012 02:05:32 +0800

--20cf305b1b6415a8d704bc65930e

Hello everyone,

I installed the Gentoo Linux with 3.2.12 kernel on a Thinkpad T420, and I
used powertop to find out whatever is reducing my battery life, and I found
out that "Rescheduling Interrupts" was always the top and often cost nearly
50%, I have try the methods on website [1], but it didn't make things
different. Is there any method I could try to reduce the "Rescheduling
Interrupts"? Or it is a kernel bug?

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReschedulingInterrupts

Thanks in advance for any help.

Geraint Yang.

--20cf305b1b6415a8d704bc65930e

Hello everyone,<br><br>I installed the Gentoo Linux with 3.2.12 kernel on a=
 Thinkpad T420, and I used powertop to find out whatever is reducing my bat=
tery life, and I found out that &quot;Rescheduling Interrupts&quot; was alw=
ays the top and often cost nearly 50%, I have try the methods on website [1=
], but it didn&#39;t make things different. Is there any method I could try=
 to reduce the &quot;Rescheduling Interrupts&quot;? Or it is a kernel bug?<=
br>

--20cf305b1b6415a8d704bc65930e--