[ltp] T520: With or without NVIDIA-Graphic?

Phil Shotton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:48:27 +0100

On 30/03/12 09:49, Axel Braun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Lenovo is currently offering spring sales with some interesting rebates.
> I'm looking for a T520, but not sure if to choose the one with onboard-Intel
> or separate NVIDIA Graphic NVS 4200M.
>
> Most interesting is how both chips work with S2ram and S2disk - do they wake
> up properly?
>
> Thanks
> Axel
I've got a 520 with Intel and it works fine, both S2ram and S2disk, and
(more importantly for me) behaviour docking and undocking (with a
twin-external-screen setup in the dock) works as it should. I had an
older NVIDIA t/p before and it drove me mad trying to get it to work
properly.

Cheers
Phil