[ltp] Changing sensitivity ThinkPad USB Keyboard with TrackPoint

Thu, 10 May 2012 23:24:26 +0100

On 10/05/12 22:59, Richard Neill wrote:

> I'm having some trouble with this:
>
> 1. When I run
> echo XXX > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usbhid/unbind

OK...I'm being an idiot. The XXX isn't a literal "XXX", but the relevant
bus/path name, such as 2-1.6.4:1.1
(Is there an elegant way to discover the correct value of XXX with a
script?).

> I get: bash: echo: write error: No such device.
> (this happens even as root, though the file in /sys does exist).
>
> Btw, I have more than one USB HID device attached - how do we know which
> one is being unbound?
>

> 2. My VID/HID aren't as below. Running lsusb, I get two possibilities:
>
> Bus 002 Device 008: ID 04b3:3018 IBM Corp. UltraNav Keyboard
> Bus 002 Device 009: ID 06cb:0009 Synaptics, Inc. Composite TouchPad and
> TrackPoint
>
> Trying with either of these causes a python usb.core.USBError:
> Input/output error, but this might be because of the failure to unbind
> the USB hid device.

Now I know it's the right device (because after unbinding, the
trackpoint doesn't work), but I now get a USB Pipe error.

Perhaps it's a different protocol?

Richard