Re[ltp] placing the Ericsson 3G modem in an X301 with a Sierra Wireless LTE modem

Elvair linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 18 May 2012 06:42:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hey man !=20

Great job on replacing the card. I'm looking to do exactly that, however I'=
confused with a couple of things. Do you think you could possibly help me
out a little bit here ?=20

I currently have intel wimax-wi-fi card, which I would like to keep, since
sierra card does not have wi-fi capability. But then here is the problem, I
need to be able to plug in both card and both should be connected with
antennas one way or the other.=20

I looked through the other thread regarding using unauthorised cards, and
no, im not doing any modification to my BIOS, I d rather use TAPE for that
matter, but I'm still confused which slots is which, so if I want to keep m=
intel wimax-wi-fi card, and have all the antennas connected correctly, whic=
slots should both cards go ? And how antennas should be connected ? I
understand that there are more antenna contacts which is normally in use,
from the looks it there are 6 actually (if im not wrong), which means I
should be able to connect both cards comfortably and use both Wi-Fi and LTE=
,
but I'm having problems finding all those antenna connectors... :/=20

Would you be so kind as to give me some guidance ? :) would greatlly
appreacite it, maybe even if you could make some photos and show me where
the connectors are etc - that would help me immenselly.=20

Much appreciated !=20

D=20