[ltp] Blocked start up for X220

Athanasios Velios linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 May 2012 19:28:45 +0100

Hello,

A recent strange problem with my X220 tablet is that when I shutdown
from the command line after Ctrl+Alt+F1 while a gnome session is running
at Ctrl+Alt+F7, the computer shuts down but when I press the power
button for it to start up again the Bluetooth, Wireless and Disk
activity lights flash for a couple of seconds and nothing happens (i.e.
the monitor is black and the computer turns off immediatelly). The same
happens if I force turn off the laptop from the power button. Attempting
to turn on the computer by pressing the power button a few times (and
trying long presses as well) eventually gets the computer started as
expected (after say 5-6 attempts). Any idea what is blocking the
computer from starting up?

Thanks

Thanasis