[ltp] Synaptics touchpad: disable hardware buttons

Mon, 5 Nov 2012 16:43:44 +0200

On Thu, Nov 01, 2012 at 09:01:25AM +0600, Dmitry E. Mikhailov wrote:
> I've recently 'upgraded' myself from an X60 to the mighty T61p with
> WUXGA screen (too pity it's not FlexView, but good enough).
> As I'm a heavy trackpoint user, I found it useful to configure  the
> whole touchpad area for vertical scrolling. Good. But I keep
> accidentally pressing touchpad's hardware left or right buttons  -
> they're too close to the laptop's edge.
> Is there any way to disable the hardware buttons on a Synaptics
> touchpad?

    $ cat ~/bin/disable-touchpad-buttons
    # disables touchpad buttons on my thinkpad, leaving trackpoint buttons =
    # sadly(?) it also disables tap-to-click
    xinput set-button-map "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" 0 0 0

Adding this to your session (or converting it to an xorg.conf.d file) so
it runs automatically is left as an exercise for the reader

Marius Gedminas
What can I do with Python that I can't do with C#?  You can go home on time=
the end of the day.
        -- Daniel Klein

Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)