[ltp] X1 Carbon: Linux freezes randomly, Win7 no problem.

Petter Hansen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 08 Nov 2012 18:05:46 +0100

Den 08. nov. 2012 12:26, skrev Alexander Karlstad:
> Den 08. nov. 2012 04:26, skrev Sandro:
>> For dual booting purposes I installed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and while
>> configuring the system, I noticed it totally freezes at random,
>> sometimes after 15 minutes, sometimes after an hour.
>
> Is there a specific reason for running 12.04 and not 12.10? As Mr.
> Schulz mentions further down the thread here, he got it working by
> compiling a custom 3.6.X kernel.
>
> From what I recall, other people has been having trouble with 12.04 on
> the X1 Carbon[1], so maybe it's just easier to install 12.10?
>
> [1]: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2047143

I had almost the same problem with my T-520 that freezes when using
intel graphichs, and got sometimes a lot messages about faults with
xorg, plymouth and one other thing i don't remember..
I think this problem is related  to Unity-desktop.
Try a clean / install with Kubuntu and se if the problem dissapear.
The problem is not on my machine anymore with Kubuntu.

Petter Hansen