[ltp] [OT?] Seems i've to fix mysef my T510...

Marco Gaiarin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Nov 2012 16:43:14 +0100

I own a Lenovo T510, and suddenly this summer LCD panel start to flicker,
and have all around red stripes, horribly unreadable.

PC is still on extended support, so i've sent to a official lenovo center,
that exchange the panel with a new one: they sayed me, with official lenovo
spare part.
T510 came back with horrible-looking panel, seems bad polarized: there's no
a direction withour reflex, expecially with black backgroud (and clearly i
use gnome terminal with black background all the time...).
And with right trackpoint button not working.

So i've sento to another Lenovo official center, and this time come back
with a new keyboard, but bad installed, and the LC panel as before.

I've download the service manual, and i'll go to fix the keyboard myself;
but for the panel... someone have some hint on how to correctly set
polarization? Or give some other clue?

Thanks.

--
  Il problema è che, in questa epoca di grande comunicazione globale,
  quando ti fa male il culo non è per le emorroidi...	(Beppe Grillo)