[ltp] [OT?] Seems i've to fix mysef my T510...

Marco Gaiarin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Nov 2012 16:43:14 +0100

I own a Lenovo T510, and suddenly this summer LCD panel start to flicker,
and have all around red stripes, horribly unreadable.

PC is still on extended support, so i've sent to a official lenovo center,
that exchange the panel with a new one: they sayed me, with official lenovo
spare part.
T510 came back with horrible-looking panel, seems bad polarized: there's no
a direction withour reflex, expecially with black backgroud (and clearly i
use gnome terminal with black background all the time...).
And with right trackpoint button not working.

So i've sento to another Lenovo official center, and this time come back
with a new keyboard, but bad installed, and the LC panel as before.

I've download the service manual, and i'll go to fix the keyboard myself;
but for the panel... someone have some hint on how to correctly set
polarization? Or give some other clue?

  Il problema  che, in questa epoca di grande comunicazione globale,
  quando ti fa male il culo non  per le emorroidi...	(Beppe Grillo)