[ltp] thinkpad_ec fails on T430i

Robin Becker linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 08 Oct 2012 11:50:57 +0100

On 06/10/2012 17:44, Jan Kundrát wrote:
> On 10/01/12 12:23, Robin Becker wrote:
>> don't like the caps lock key though or Fn-Ctrl positioning
>
> There's a BIOS setting for swapping the Fn-Ctrl positions.
>
> Cheers,
> Jan

thanks, I've just noticed that this is the same on my MSI-winds so I'll just adjust.

I'm having trouble getting three things to work under Arch linux on the T430.

finger print reader waiting on a proprietary driver update from Upek/Authentec

battery charging control & hdaps waiting on thinkpad_ec/tp_smapi.

I looked in the dmidecode output and don't see any reference to Embedded
Controller, but the DSDT certainly has most of the tables. Is there somewhere to
post this detailed output so some work can go on to support these later thinkpads?
--
Robin Becker