[ltp] New 6-row keyboard scaring me off

Evgeni Golov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 25 Oct 2012 14:37:27 +0200

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 08:25:06AM -0400, James Knott wrote:
> David Griffith wrote:
> >Is anyone else annoyed at Lenovo for discontinuing the standard
> >7-row keyboard?  I've been looking at getting a new laptop and
> >after what I've seen from Lenovo and their attitude towards users
> >about this, I'm thinking of jumping ship.  Here's an example of
> >what I'm talking about: http://blog.lenovo.com/products/why-you-should-give-in-to-the-new-thinkpad-keyboard
> >

> That's hardly new and I don't see what the problem is.  The E520 I
> bought last year has that sort of keyboard.  The top row is used for
> both the usual function keys and special functions.  By default, the
> function keys require pressing the "Fn" key, but it's easy enough to
> change the configuration so that the special functions require that
> instead.

Well, that is okay for me. But I have a L520 here, with the 6row
keyboard and the following points suck:
 - PageUp/PageDown are near the arrow keys, not in the upper right
   corner
 - the Insert/Delete/Home/End buttons are in a terriby wrong order (in
   one row...)

Just my 0.02€
Evgeni

--
Bruce Schneier can read and understand Perl programs.