[ltp] OpenGl slow or fast depending on user

Sat, 15 Sep 2012 09:49:13 -0400

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Florian Dorpmueller
<dorpmueller@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> with my Thinkpad R51 (Radeon 7500) and  Xubuntu 12.04 I have the problem, that the video performance is depending on the current user.
>
> I am using mplayer2 and smplayer2. The video adapter is "gl". In the system properties for CompizConfig for both users OpenGl is activated. But when one user plays a video it jerks where for the other no jerking is to be seen .
>
> Since I have no idea about the reason I would appreciate any hint for this matter.

Make sure both users are in the "video" group or whatever group your
distro uses for 3D.  run glxinfo as each user and check the renderer
string make sure both are using 3D acceleration.

Alex