[ltp] Enable wireless in Lenovo T430s

Bert Riding linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 15 Sep 2012 14:08:17 -0600

--Sig_/OJlLAi_LwdLYVWNC1.Q/Ufj

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 12:43:39 +0000 (UTC)
Len <lenberman@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm running Debian squeeze with 3.2.0 kernel.  So far, it doesn't
> seem to recognize the wifi hardware.  I've installed both the free
> and non-free firmware debs.  No luck.  The indicator light for the
> wifi doesn't come on.
>=20
> Has anyone got this working?
>=20
> Thanks.
> --Len
>=20

It's likely the rtl8188ce, and firmware-realtek is available in wheezy
(testing).  The rtl8291ce module has some defaults which make the
wireless more or less one way only.  Turning off power saving (with
module options) solves this problem. =20

--=20
Bert Riding      =20
reriding@xmission.com  =20

--Sig_/OJlLAi_LwdLYVWNC1.Q/Ufj