[ltp] T42 started making popping sounds after a sound plays

Dmitry E. Mikhailov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Apr 2013 13:30:06 +0600

On Sat, 2013-04-20 at 17:28 -0700, David Griffith wrote:
> In the past few days my Thinkpad T42 has started emitting a popping sound
> from the speakers one second after a sound finishes playing.   Would
> someone please point me in the right direction for diagnosing this
> problem?  I'm running Wheezy.

These are the sounds of audio chip power saving mode.
On my T61p I started having similar sounds also when muting and unmuting
(about 3 month ago when upgrading to CentOS 6.4) - but T61 units have
software mixer buttons. So it looks plausible.

--
Best regards,
        Dmitry Mikhailov