[ltp] Re: thinkpad x121e with AMD Fusion E-450

chrono linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Aug 2013 03:13:01 +0000 (UTC)

Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano <at> linaro.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to check an information about the thinkpad x121e model with
> an AMD Fusion E-450.
>
> I am considering to acquire one for linux kernel development purpose but
> I have to check it has a specific feature for what I need to do.
>
> Please, could someone confirm there are several C-states supported in
> Linux for this laptop ?
>
> In order to check:
>
> for i in $(find /sys/devices/system/cpu/ -name "state*"); do
> 	echo "=================="
> 	echo $i
> 	cat $i/usage
> 	cat $i/name
> 	cat $i/desc
> done
>
> And also, I am looking for dynamic C-state, that is, when the laptop is
> plugged, there are less c-state and when it switches to battery mode, a
> new c-state appears.
>
> So roughly, giving the output for this command when the laptop is
> plugged and on battery, would suffice.
>
> Would someone with this hardware be kind enough to confirm this
> information ? :)
>
> Thanks in advance
>
>   -- Daniel

==================
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpuidle/state0
0
POLL
CPUIDLE CORE POLL IDLE
==================
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpuidle/state1
466735
C1
<null>
==================
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpuidle/state2
1559439
C2
ACPI IOPORT 0x841
==================
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpuidle/state0
0
POLL
CPUIDLE CORE POLL IDLE
==================
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpuidle/state1
548437
C1
<null>
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpuidle/state2
1924376
C2
ACPI IOPORT 0x841

On battery.