[ltp] Minidock 3 and DVI-Ports

Frank Lanitz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Aug 2013 10:08:41 +0200

Am 2013-08-14 17:30, schrieb Evgeni Golov:
> Hi Frank,
>
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 04:55:52PM +0200, Frank Lanitz wrote:
>
>> Not sure whether its the correct address... but well.
>
> It is, even if you run Ubuntu ;-)

Well... this time is over. After segfaulting my X a couple of times and
poor commandline support of filing a bug I'm back to Debian ... ;)

>> I'm having a Minidock 3 serving my T530. Unfortunately the DVI-ports
>> seems not wo work with recent Ubuntu. At my T530 I've deactivated
>> optimus as I don't need it. ... well... I found some howto enabling
>> it
>> using the optimus again. But wondering wehtehr therre is another
>> solution maybe?
>
> Speaking for the T420s with Optimus: no, digital outputs only with
> nVidia active. I doubt this changed with the *30 machines.

This would mean high power consumption when running in mmobile nmode as
it appers the optimus-stuff is not working very well based on what I saw
on $search enging. :(

> One reason to get Intel-only machines :)

Unfortunately I had to choose from a list where this T530 was the only
one w/o windows and the only useable notebook (alternatives were some HP
ProBook etc...)

Cheers,
Frank