[ltp] SSD for X200 Tablet

Fri, 23 Aug 2013 20:37:54 +0300

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 01:22:58PM +0200, Sergi Pons Freixes wrote:
> A few months ago, I upgraded my X200 Tablet (a 7449 series) adding more
> RAM, having now up to 4 Gb. To cope with the upgrade, I switched to a PAE
> kernel as I was before on a 32 bit environment and didn't want to reinsta=
> After some recent reading, I have decided to reinstall everything and
> migrate to 64 bit. Given that I have to reinstall, I was thinking that
> would be a good boost to the performance (and to the life of the computer)
> switching to an SSD.
> Any recommendations of brand/retailer (Europe), or tips to take into
> account? Or I should just not change the disk and keep with it until I
> change the PC completely (is it more money wise?)

I'm quite happy with my Intel X25-M.  It made my aging T61 feel like a
new computer for a few years, and then I transferred it into my new

I would not want to go back to a HDD ever.  The difference (in boot
time, in time taken to launch Firefox or OpenOffice, time to grep large
source trees) is staggering.

Marius Gedminas
If you are wondering what the hell I am doing subtracting particles from ea=
other, well, that's quantum mechanics.
	-- The Usenet Physics FAQ

Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)