[ltp] SSD for X200 Tablet

Mon, 26 Aug 2013 08:03:59 -0300

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 05:53:27PM +0200, Sergi Pons Freixes wrote:
> > Any advice about which brands/makers are good ones, and which to avoid?
>
> Intel SSDs get good reviews.

Except when it has Lenovo firmware.  Avoid Lenovo-issued Intel SSDs like the
plague.

Here's one report (there are several):
http://people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/Intel_SSD_520_Series_180_GB_with_Lenovo_firmware_still_lock_up_from_sustained_writes.html

(and yes, the lockups happen with the latest SSD firmware, I crosschecked
that: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-69806).

Intel-issued Intel SSDs work just fine, though.

  Henrique Holschuh