[ltp] T440s report

David Griffith linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 5 Dec 2013 06:40:24 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 5 Dec 2013, Ismael Olea wrote:

> Just want to share this:
>
> Havoc Pennington, hacker extraordinarie, has written his report of T440s
> with Linux. https://twitter.com/havocp/status/408255491953807361

I never thought I'd say it, but I think I'll pass on the Thinkpad line at
least until I see what the T450 looks like.  The business with screwing up
the keyboard was bad enough.  Now they've removed the physical mouse
buttons in favor of a clicky touchpad.  The Dell Latitude E6440 seems like
a reasonable substitute and the keyboard hasn't been mangled too terribly.

I wrote a physical paper letter to Lenovo a couple days ago.  Hopefully
I'll get a response from someone intelligent.

--
David Griffith
dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu