[ltp] Re: Linux-Thinkpad digest, Vol 1 #3376 - 2 msgs

Paul Seelig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 09 Dec 2013 04:13:05 +0100

On 12/09/2013 02:20 AM, Dmitry Mikhailov wrote:
> On 12/06/2013 07:37 PM, Ralph Spitzner wrote:
>>
>> I, for one will stick to my T60, just upped to Core2Duo/3Gb,
>> which is good enough for me
> Actually you can sort of upgrade it to LED IPS screen 15" 4:3, T9500 and
> 8GB of RAM - google for 'frankenpad' and 'thinkpad t60 led mod'

I built a few of those myself for personal use, and for my usage pattern
i don't see any need to upgrade to anything faster.

For those who can read German, this is well documented here:

http://thinkwiki.de/Frankenpad

A joy to work with these, and it is a pity Lenovo never built a machine
with similar specs.

For those who would like to upgrade their old T43 to something more
modern, there are currently some works under way by the chinese Thinkpad
community to create an upgrade mainboard with modern specs. They call it
the T50, and future plans also include the idea of a T70 upgrade for T6x
machines if everything proves to work fine for the T50.

See http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=112339 topic
"51nb.com released T50 (= new mobo for T4x's) in Shenzhen" for more
details regarding the recently released first mainboards.

Regards,
Paul