[ltp] Frankenpad

Dmitry Mikhailov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 09 Dec 2013 22:44:05 +0600

On 12/09/2013 10:09 PM, Thomas Peiselt wrote:
>>> I, for one will stick to my T60, just upped to Core2Duo/3Gb,
>>> which is good enough for me
>> Actually you can sort of upgrade it to LED IPS screen 15" 4:3, T9500 and
>> 8GB of RAM - google for 'frankenpad' and 'thinkpad t60 led mod'
> I tried to find a matching display, but failed... do you know a place
> where I could get one?
>
> best
>
> Thomas

What about
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-new-HYDIS-HV150UX2-100-15-TFT-LCD-DISPLAY-in-from-factory-case-/350867704247?pt=US_Laptop_Screens_LCD_Panels&hash=item51b15849b7

It's the one.

I'd like to warn you - it's not a drop-in replacement. Any one of three
is required besides the display itself:
1) Matching cable and inverter - if you find someone to build that for you
2) Old matching screen, soldering skills, patience and soldering rework
station - to swap the screen connector between old and new (besides other)
3) Soldering skills, thin wires, soldering iron with thin tip, LOTS OF
PATIENCE to solder the existing cable to the display wire-by-wire.

I prefer the second.

--
Best regards,
         Dmitry Mikhailov