[ltp] T61 SXGA+ LCD panel

Rob Tomsick linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Dec 2013 12:41:05 -0500

On Wed, 2013-12-25 at 09:10 -0600, green wrote:
> My T61 SXGA+ LCD panel has become quite dim.  I have considered
> replacing the CCFL or getting a LED backlight kit.  However, from
> simply replacing the LCD panel.
>
> According to the Hardware Maintenance Manual, there are (or were)
> panels for the T61 from Hydis, Samsung, and TMD.  Is it possible to
> find out what panel I currently have without removing it?

Yes.  There is a pair of tools (get-edid and parse-edid) that will
retrieve and parse (respectively) the EDID info from your panel.

They're both available via installation of the "read-edid" package in
Debian.  If you're using a Debian derivative such as Ubuntu they should
be available under the same package, but you'd have to check with your
distro to be sure.

-Rob