[ltp] tpacpi bug in tpacpi::thinklight/brightness for X1 Carbon

Sandro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 29 Dec 2013 17:29:16 +0100

--001a1133100e41cff804eeaed54a

The Lenovo X1 Carbon is gaining populairty as it's easily one of the
prettiest alternatives to the McBook Air.

For a while, I thought the keyboard backlight couldn't be controlled
through tpacpi, period. After asking a question <
http://askubuntu.com/questions/383501/> I got an interesting answer:

The keyboard backlight can in fact be turned off using the following
command:
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/tpacpi\:\:thinklight/brightness
It's just that it cannot be turned /on/, which is what I am trying to do.

I can't be certain, but if the current tpacpi can turn the light off, it
gives me the impression that turning it on is just a bugfix away.

I cannot find an issuetracker for Github or Sourceforce, so I thought maybe
one of the devs (is that still Henrique de Moraes Holschuh AKA Hmh?) will
read this.

Met vriendelijke groet,

~Redsandro

http://www.Redsandro.com/

--001a1133100e41cff804eeaed54a

ily one of the prettiest alternatives to the McBook Air.<br><br>For a while=
, I thought the keyboard backlight couldn&#39;t be controlled through tpacp=
i, period. After asking a question &lt;<a href=3D"http://askubuntu.com/ques=
tions/383501/">http://askubuntu.com/questions/383501/</a>&gt; I got an inte=
resting answer:<br>

mmand:<br>echo 0 &gt; /sys/class/leds/tpacpi\:\:thinklight/brightness<div>I=
t&#39;s just that it cannot be turned /on/, which is what I am trying to do=
.</div>

urn the light off, it gives me the impression that turning it on is just a =
bugfix away.<br><br>I cannot find an issuetracker for Github or Sourceforce=
, so I thought maybe one of the devs (is that still Henrique de Moraes Hols=
chuh AKA Hmh?) will read this.<br>

v></div>

--001a1133100e41cff804eeaed54a--