[ltp] Re: T61, fan disabled (Thinkpad T-60 fan replacement UK)

Stefan Monnier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 18 Feb 2013 21:04:46 -0500

> My T61 fan started making annoying noises, and twice I tried cleaning
> it without any improvement.  So I disabled the fan.  Everything is

I guess a less drastic option is to use some fan control daemon, and set
the temp-limits high enough that the fan never kicks in.

My T61's fan is off most of the time, but even if I'm idle, it gets
turned on (for a short while) on a regular basis, so it's
very tempting.  I just wish I could tweak the BIOS's fan control instead,
since it would be much cheaper resourcewise.

        Stefan