[ltp] T61, fan disabled (Thinkpad T-60 fan replacement UK)

green linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 19 Feb 2013 09:32:14 -0600

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote at 2013-02-19 03:07 -0600:
> On lun., 2013-02-18 at 09:19 -0600, green wrote:
> > I realize now that I should perhaps start a new thread with this
> > message, to avoid hijacking.  I will change the subject line (but not
> > break from the thread) and hope that someone will know where Carles
> > can get a fan. :)=20
>=20
> Even if the laptop doesn't get /too/ hot, it might still reduce lifetime
> of the various involved components.

Yes, that is quite likely, and is my only real concern.  I feel
comfortable with the processor temperature being as high as 70 degC,
but have no idea what other nearby component might be overheating as a
result of the high processor temperature.

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF--