[ltp] Thinkpad T-60 fan replacement UK

green linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 24 Feb 2013 18:44:30 -0600

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

green wrote at 2013-02-19 09:34 -0600:
> Carles Pina i Estany wrote at 2013-02-18 05:08 -0600:
> > Any online (or London based) shop where I could buy a replacement?
> > I could buy a random one from Amazon or Ebuy, but maybe there is some
> > better place with first hand experience here.
>=20
> So, any thoughts about a good source for replacement fans?  I really
> did not want to hijack the thread, and I might even decide to buy a
> new one myself.

Okay, so I decided to replace the fan on my T61.  I am planning to try
replacing the fan only, without replacing the heatsink.  My T61 8897
uses FRU 42W2821; I ordered a fan (without heatsink) from Ebay.
According to
<http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T61-and-prior-T-series-ThinkPad/Thinkpad-T61-g=
rinding-noise-from-the-top-left-corner/td-p/677799/page/3>,
this will work.

Carles, do you know what FRU you need?  If not, you can grab a
Hardware Maintenance Manual from
<http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=3DMIGR-62733>
and find out.  You will need your four digit ThinkPad model.  The FRU
refers to the entire fan and heatsink assembly, but you can use it to
order the fan only, if you want to.

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga--