[ltp] T60 SATA hard drive compatibility?

Nate Bargmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 4 Jan 2013 06:01:56 -0600

A venerable T60 that I had been using seems to have died completely
recently.  I may have zapped it with static as the screen went blank
when I picked it up off the desk a few weeks ago and it has not
restarted since.  A few months ago I had bought a new 250 GB drive for
it and now that drive is surplus unless I find a compatible model.

As I'm hunting for a replacement laptop I may as well update to
something with more current performance.  What newer Thinkpad models use
a compatible hard disk that I could slip mine into?  The eBay auction
ad listed a few newer models.  Are there differences between the SATA
connectors on the drives that I need to look out for?

Thanks for any and all advice.

- Nate