[ltp] Re: Battery tweaks for X1 Carbon - cannot install ts_mapi

Sandro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 8 Jan 2013 09:13:43 +0100

--f46d040168dd77307904d2c28727

I finally had time to restore that Windows image, and I have found that it
actually DOES have ThinkVantage (or something) software with powermanager.
At first it doesn't have many options, but when switching to "Advanced"
mode, you can set the battery gauges again. (start charging and stop
charging percentages) So I guess it does have it's secret Lenovo magic
after all.

Unless default ACPI also supports this, but if it would follow default
specs, wouldn't those options already be available in linux using default
drivers?

And sorry Henrique (22 Dec 2012), thanks for the offer but I am not liquid
enough to buy people laptops. :P Replacing my low budget Edge was something
I have been saving nearly two years for.

Offtopic: Although this laptop is very awesome, especially for people on
the move a lot, I am already pissed off that the screen (vertical angle) is
a lot worse than the MacBook Air, which has about the same specs (!). I
almost bought a MacBook Air (and put Linux on it) but I decided that I
cannot find it in my heart to give money to a company that I disagree with
on so many levels. But it stings a little that the X1, pretty much the only
competitor at the time, is more expensive (!) and less awesome. And have
you seen those new retina displays? Darn it how come Apple has no serious
PC competitors. Linux will not even work properly on those screens. Okay
sorry I was letting myself go.

--f46d040168dd77307904d2c28727

ve found that it actually DOES have ThinkVantage (or something) software wi=
th powermanager. At first it doesn&#39;t have many options, but when switch=
ing to &quot;Advanced&quot; mode, you can set the battery gauges again. (st=
art charging and stop charging percentages) So I guess it does have it&#39;=
s secret Lenovo magic after all.=A0<div>

ow default specs, wouldn&#39;t those options already be available in linux =
using default drivers?<br><br>And sorry=A0<span style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);f=
ont-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px">Henrique (</span><span style=3D=
"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px">22 Dec 2012)=
ze:13px">, thanks for the offer but I am not liquid enough to buy people la=
ptops. :P Replacing my low budget Edge was something I have been saving nea=
rly two years for.</span></div>

:13px"><br>Offtopic: Although this laptop is very awesome, especially for p=
eople on the move a lot, I am already pissed off that the screen (vertical =
angle) is a lot worse than the MacBook Air, which has about the same specs =
(!). I almost bought a MacBook Air (and put Linux on it) but I decided that=
 I cannot find it in my heart to give money to a company that I disagree wi=
th on so many levels. But it stings a little that the X1, pretty much the o=
nly competitor at the time, is more expensive (!) and less awesome. And hav=
e you seen those new retina displays? Darn it how come Apple has no serious=
 PC competitors. Linux will not even work properly on those screens. Okay s=
orry I was letting myself go.</span></div>

--f46d040168dd77307904d2c28727--