[ltp] Google Groups

Rubin Abdi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 08 Jan 2013 01:25:02 -0800

------enig2FDQLBUCTWTHHQFIFUMAM

I've started migrating some of my lists away from Google Groups to plain
old Mailman. Google Groups has grown this nasty habit of moderating some
of my own posts (even as the admin of a group) and others actually
subscribed as spam over the last few months. Worst yet the moderation
queue notification emails take about 4 days before they're actually
sent. HTML is pretty and all, but useless if you can't event get text
down the line to your own lists.

Sandro: I would be happy to make a recommendation for usage of Google
Groups if you can provide me with source so I can push fixes on this
marking admins as spam and 4 day delay issues. :)

We happen to be a discussion list about running an open source operating
system on a particular brand of hardware, wouldn't it make sense to also
run the list with open source software?

I would be linking off to a recording of this talk...

http://www.toorcamp.org/content12/36

=2E..but sadly the group that recorded the talks only wants to share thei=
media for money with a very constricted license.

If you still don't want to live in the 90s and crave <tags>, might I
recommend trying a resource already attuned to your needs instead of
asking others to conform?

http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewforum.php?f=3D9

--=20
Rubin