[ltp] Google Groups

Steven J. Owens linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 9 Jan 2013 01:43:21 +0000

On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 10:54:25AM +0100, rappard@dds.nl wrote:
> > With all my hats on: I like the 90ies and woould not join any Google
> > groups (yes, I tried, hard).
>
> I actually prefer the clunky Yahoo Groups (I administer several
> groups) over Google Groups, and that's saying something. Google
> certainly does NOT have the Midas touch (he said, while composing his
> email in Gmail ;-)).

     Chalk me up as another vote "no" against Google Groups and "God
no" against Yahoo Groups :-).

     Years ago the advanced-servlets list migrated to some service
(egroups IRRC) and then Yahoo Groups took over and locked some of the
moderators out.  Customer service was non-existent so we couldn't get
that fixed and the list languished for years, eventually dying.

     Mailman isn't that hard to run, nor to use.

--
Steven J. Owens
puff@darksleep.com / (412) 401-8060 cell