[ltp] Re: Dock/Undock events on a W520

David linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 12 Jan 2013 19:28:46 +0000 (UTC)

Daniel Castro <castromd <at> tcd.ie> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon on a Thinkpad W520
>     and I have a ThinkPad
>       Mini Dock Plus Series 3 - 170W.
>     If I run '
>
>     udevadm monitor --environment' I don't see any dock related events.
> I used to be able to catch dock/undock events on other Thinkpads I've had
(T61p and W500) using the method on this tutorial I wrote.

> I had a look at Thinkwiki which links to this tutorial but that didn't work
for me either.

> Does anyone here have a solution for this?
>
> Thanks,-- ________________________Daniel Castro+353 83 155 1188
> dancasmo <at> gmail.comcastromd <at> tcd.ie________________________

Works on linux mint 14 nadia on my t430.  Or, at least I can get it to work with
the vga out.  And, by "can get it to work", I mean that I docked the laptop and
the monitor was immediately detected and able to be used (in addition to all the
messages that fly by when running the 'udevadm ...' command).

I tried several iterations of using dvi and displayport, but nothing shows up on
the external monitor.

David