[ltp] Re: Google Group

Sandro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 17:28:51 +0100

--14dae9340b1babdacc04d37e7e53

Okay, to everybody politely but backed by a secret stash of hate shooting
me down and recommending I move to a community more to my liking because
sharing an opinion that is not popular is somehow the same as forcing you
to agree with me, I am sorry. I did not know your hatred for markup was so
vivid.

I respect your opinion and do not wish to force anything, I just want to
let you know that I pretty much disagree with every point you make. In case
you are truely interested in how I could come up with a crazy idea like
this, some pointers.

First, quoting opinions from the '90s don't prove a point. If we stick to
what people think in the first place, we would still cure infectious
diseases by bloodletting in stead of antibiotics. If inventions' intentions
should remain sole, the rocket would be for blowing stuff up, not flying
robots to mars.

Having (a specific subset of) markup features can make pieces of text
extremely more convenient to read. I migrated from Opera Notes to Tomboy
notes for that. Simple markup, lists, emphasis, it makes a huge difference
with plain text.

I can make a bulleted lists of steps, emphasis the ones I talk about later,
mark them in later paragraphs and it becomes accessable to speedreading.
It's faster to read. It's more friendly. It's convenient for people with
trouble like sexdaily or dyslexia or whatever. I copy-paste them in a mail
and it's so easy. I don't have to do CAPS or /slashes/ or _underscores_ or
*stars*. What's the benefit of /that/? Ain't nobody got time fo that.

Github is so much better than bugzilla because you don't have to *read* a
single letter, you can just glance at the screen without glasses and see
what part is quote. Different shade. What part is code. Different type-set.
It's color-coded. And they didn't do that to annoy the open source tech
people. No, they all agree it's more convenient.

That said, ofcourse I am not assuming you're gonna do something on my
account. I didn't know you were using this method *voluntarily*. I didn't
know that any problems or valuable solutions are to remain private because
god forbid google would archive this communication or outsiders could
conveniently read back what was discussed.

I just threw in an idea. No one agrees. It was a bad idea for this
community.

But look at it this way, I have never seen so many replies in a single
digest. You became fanatic about what you believe in and it probably made
your heart beat a little faster.

Haha!

--14dae9340b1babdacc04d37e7e53

f hate shooting me down and recommending I move to a community more to my l=
iking because sharing an opinion that is not popular is somehow the same as=
 forcing you to agree with me, I am sorry. I did not know your hatred for m=
arkup was so vivid.<br>

o let you know that I pretty much disagree with every point you make. In ca=
se you are truely interested in how I could come up with a crazy idea like =
this, some pointers.<br>

e stick to what people think in the first place, we would still cure infect=
ious diseases by bloodletting in stead of antibiotics. If inventions&#39; i=
ntentions should remain sole, the rocket would be for blowing stuff up, not=
 flying robots to mars.<br>

xtremely more convenient to read. I migrated from Opera Notes to Tomboy not=
es for that. Simple markup, lists, emphasis, it makes a huge difference wit=
h plain text.<br>

ter, mark them in later paragraphs and it becomes accessable to speedreadin=
g. It&#39;s faster to read. It&#39;s more friendly. It&#39;s convenient for=
 people with trouble like sexdaily or dyslexia or whatever. I copy-paste th=
em in a mail and it&#39;s so easy. I don&#39;t have to do CAPS or /slashes/=
 or _underscores_ or *stars*. What&#39;s the benefit of /that/? Ain&#39;t n=
obody got time fo that.<br>

ead* a single letter, you can just glance at the screen without glasses and=
 see what part is quote. Different shade. What part is code. Different type=
-set. It&#39;s color-coded. And they didn&#39;t do that to annoy the open s=
ource tech people. No, they all agree it&#39;s more convenient.<br>

my account. I didn&#39;t know you were using this method *voluntarily*. I d=
idn&#39;t know that any problems or valuable solutions are to remain privat=
e because god forbid google would archive this communication or outsiders c=
ould conveniently read back what was discussed.<br>

unity.<br><br>But look at it this way, I have never seen so many replies in=
 a single digest. You became fanatic about what you believe in and it proba=
bly made your heart beat a little faster.<br>

--14dae9340b1babdacc04d37e7e53--