[ltp] Re: Google Group

Philipp Kern linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 20:08:17 +0100

--1LKvkjL3sHcu1TtY

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:54:57PM -0500, Ajai Khattri wrote:
> Its like the guys that built GMail: it automatically top-posts by default=
=20
> and on mailing lists that is often a definate no-no and considered poor=
=20
> netiquette. The people that built GMail didn't do their homework (or=20
> simply didn't care).

Sadly in many enterprises you don't get along with people if you don't
top-post. (Not that I'd ever do that unless I'm forced to stick with
OWA or similar crap where I then cannot be bothered to reformat the
mail first.) And as GMail got exported to businesses through Google Apps
I fear that they see it as a feature, not a bug.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

--1LKvkjL3sHcu1TtY

--1LKvkjL3sHcu1TtY--