[ltp] using Middleton BIOS on Linux (for SATA2)

Yves-Alexis Perez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Jan 2013 19:32:42 +0100

--=-XMA4OAUWQu2BZ8YFsUPL

On mer., 2013-01-23 at 18:18 +0100, Paul Seelig wrote:
> Most probably, nobody ever had any problems with the Middleton BIOS,
> but
> all the contrary. This fine piece of hacker wisdom solved multiple
> issues regarding some essential features which the original Lenovo
> released BIOS never ever provided.

And as always, when giving such kind of advice, care should be taken to
warn about the real risks. BIOS is at the real core of the system, just
on top of the hardware. You have to trust Lenovo on this, but since you
bought a Lenovo system it makes sense. Now you have to trust random
people giving you a binary which has basically full power on your
platform. You're free to do whatever you want with that, but remember
bricking your laptop is basically the less serious problem which could
happen.

Regards,
--=20
Yves-Alexis