[ltp] using Middleton BIOS on Linux (for SATA2)

green linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Jan 2013 18:31:54 -0600

--ahP6B03r4gLOj5uD

green wrote at 2013-01-23 11:38 -0600:
> Paul Seelig wrote at 2013-01-23 11:18 -0600:
> > On 01/23/2013 03:57 PM, green wrote:
> > > I assume you mean you did *not* have any problems with the Middleton =
BIOS. =20
> >=20
> > Most probably, nobody ever had any problems with the Middleton BIOS, but
> > all the contrary. This fine piece of hacker wisdom solved multiple
> > issues regarding some essential features which the original Lenovo
> > released BIOS never ever provided.
> >=20
> > For lots of *61 users, the Middleton BIOS can thus be considered to be
> > *the* solution, but never a problem.
>=20
> Okay, thanks.

I am also interested in the Middleton BIOS for Intel Dynamic Acceleration. =
=20
The `ida` flag is already listed in /proc/cpuinfo (using an official BIOS a=
nd=20
Linux 3.2.0), but I assume I need the unofficial BIOS to make it work.  How=
=20
do I find out whether IDA is working?  Or is it already working:

$ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies=20
1801000 1800000 1200000 800000

The processor is (according to /proc/cpuinfo) a Core 2 Duo T7100 running at=
=20
1.80GHz.

--ahP6B03r4gLOj5uD

--ahP6B03r4gLOj5uD--