[ltp] Re: using Middleton BIOS on Linux (for SATA2)

Mon, 28 Jan 2013 16:13:51 -0200

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >> Stefan "who'd be happy to use IDA under GNU/Linux but still
> >> hasn't found anything else than a few hacks here and
> >> there, none of them conveniently usable"
> > So this is not correct?
> > https://lesswatts.org/projects/processor-power/dynamic-acceleration.php
>
> I don't really know: I do use a recent enough kernel, and /proc/cpuinfo
> does list the `ida' flag, but the available frequencies only go up to
> 2.5GHz, whereas IDA is supposed to offer 2.7GHz on my T9300.
>
> Or does the "2.501GHz" entry stand for a real 2.7GHz?

It stants for "ida active and doing something".  If you want to really
know how fast in average the processor is doing under ida, get a copy
of "turbostat" from the latest linux-kernel tree.  Maybe powertop 2.x
also shows that info.

  Henrique Holschuh