[ltp] Re: Thinkpad T61p + CentOS/RHEL 6 + nvidia proprietary = hibernation resume time?

Andy Barclay linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 31 Jan 2013 06:02:19 +0000 (UTC)

Dmitry E. Mikhailov <d.mikhailov <at> infocommunications.ru> writes:

> Hi,
>
> If there are any Thinkpad T61p owners here running CentOS (RedHat
> Enterprise Linux, Oracle Unbrakable Linux) version 6 x86_64 with NVidia
> proprietary video driver,
>
> I have a question.
>
> How much does it take to resume from hibernation on your system?
>
> I got the following. The resume process (from the SSD) takes about three
> minutes and there are three beeps during the process. Am I alone?
>
> Best regards,
> 	Dmitry Mikhailov.

I was having the same problem. Turned out to be the firmware on my SSD drive. I
went to crucial and downloaded the latest firmware (bootable iso), wrote it to a
usb flash disk using unetbootin, then booted from the usb flash. It updated the
firmware on my SSD drive and now resume is instantaneous.

Andy