[ltp] Temperature increase after S2Ram

Paul Bolle linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 06 Jul 2013 23:39:27 +0200

On Fri, 2013-06-21 at 11:46 +0200, Axel Braun wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 20. Juni 2013, 17:24:25 schrieb Henrique de Moraes Holschuh:
> > On Thu, 20 Jun 2013, Axel Braun wrote:
> > > I run a T520 under openSUSE 12.3, and use s2ram quite frequently.
> > > I noticed that in some cases the average CPU temperature rises from 48
> > > degrees to 68 degrees after wake-up, and stays. I did not notice
> > > additional
> > > processes. Any idea what the reason could be?

0) It seems I'm running into a similar issue but on a X61. On an
uninteresting Gnome 3 session, running roughly 99% idle, the CPU
temperature usually stays below 50 C. But after a few suspend and resume
cycles, still on an equally undemanding, session the CPU temperature
rises a bit above 60 C.

1) The rather course test
    watch "cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep MHz"

suggests that at this moment the second (of two) cores is stuck at 2 GHz
(which I guess is full throttle). Could that be causing this?

2) I'm running a locally built v3.10, by the way.

Paul Bolle