[ltp] seeking love for Thinkpad "Convertible" Tablet-PC

Florian Reitmeir linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 Jul 2013 10:17:03 +0200

On 07/10/2013 07:52 PM, Dan Saint-Andre wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-07-10 at 12:01 +0200,
>> Because people like you, which own the hardware, are not fixing the
>> problems. Most people can not help you, just because they do not have
>> this hardware. And most people in der OSS World, don't buy this hardware
>> because nobody else has it..
>>
>> just beginn to fix things, it will make the world better for you and others.

> I've searched and read all sorts of threads and blogs about Linux of all
> stripes on the Thinkpad tablets. Some folks say that everything "just
> works". Others have mountains of grief. Many, like me, have lots of
> success and a few spots of trouble. While we have the same hardware --
> plus or minus manufacturing batch tweaks -- why these differences in
> experience? Simply discovering the list of differences suitable for
> fault analysis is a major undertaking.

because?

- linux userspace is a mess
- linux userspace is not well defined
- people believe they can solve problems by googeling about them,
instead of simply looking a the source code

linux/oss just works as good, as the _user_ who cares fixes things.

greetings