[ltp] T430s restarts after shutdown

Paul Seelig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Jun 2013 17:00:00 +0200

On 06/23/2013 03:07 PM, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Does anyone observe the same symptoms? Any idea what the cause might me,
> or how I might debug this?

In first place, i'd try to determine whether this is more likely a
software related issue or rather a hardware fault.

I found the same symptoms once with a T500, and it behaved that way
regardless of which OS was installed. It turned out to be a faulty
mainboard. This is not very uncommon and happens once in a while.

Did your system ever had some even minor contact with any kind of liquid
any time before this error condition occurred first? Since you appear to
be German, check out these excellent articles:

http://thinkwiki.de/Fehlersuche_bei_Thinkpads and
http://thinkwiki.de/Erste_Hilfe_bei_Flüssigkeitsschäden

If this happens only as of "maybe since kernel 3.8", does it perform
normal when running the system with a former kernel version? Does the
same issue appear with another OS whose name i shan't mention or another
Linux distribution? Did you try installing another OS in parallel, and
does the same happen too with it?