[ltp] obscuring email address on this list

Dave Hylands linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 3 Mar 2013 10:31:20 -0800

--e89a8ff2500861708b04d70972b3

Hi Martin,

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 8:23 AM, Martin N <martin.n@bluebottle.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have noticed an increase of spam to my bluebottle.com account recently
> when i had
> previous had none.
>
> The ltp list has come up in google and my email address comes up as
> "Martin N <martin.n () bluebottle ! com>' (3 msg) "
>
> Have spammers got better at understanding how to work around the obvious to
> us humans replacing @ with brackets?
>
> Is there more that can be done by the moderators/owners to obscure email
> addresses?

Obscuring emails only works for web access to lists. If the spammers
actually subscribe to the list, then they'll get unobscured email
addresses, just like the rest of us do.

--
Dave Hylands
Shuswap, BC, Canada

--e89a8ff2500861708b04d70972b3

s=3D"gmail_quote">On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 8:23 AM, Martin N <span dir=3D"ltr=
">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:martin.n@bluebottle.com" target=3D"_blank">martin.n=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hello,<br>
I have noticed an increase of spam to my <a href=3D"http://bluebottle.com" =
target=3D"_blank">bluebottle.com</a> account recently when i had<br>
previous had none.<br>
The ltp list has come up in google and my email address comes up as<br>
&quot;Martin N &lt;martin.n () bluebottle ! com&gt;&#39; (3 msg) &quot;<br>
Have spammers got better at understanding how to work around the obvious to=
us humans replacing @ with brackets?<br>
Is there more that can be done by the moderators/owners to obscure email ad=
r web access to lists. If the spammers actually subscribe to the list, then=
 they&#39;ll get unobscured email addresses, just like the rest of us do.<b=
r>
tp://www.davehylands.com" target=3D"_blank">http://www.davehylands.com</a>

--e89a8ff2500861708b04d70972b3--