[ltp] Re: Debian package: ultrabay-scripts

Sean Leonard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 15 May 2013 12:48:28 -0600

Finally following up on checking this out.  I'll let you know if i run into
anything (as a ticket on the Sourceforge project.

First off, thanks!

Paul Seelig <pseelig <at> rumbero.es> writes:
> http://wmlive.sourceforge.net/wmlive/

This seems an odd place for the project, as a "piece" of wmlive.  If you are
pursuing it as maintainable, do you plan to break it out into its own place?

Paul Seelig <pseelig <at> rumbero.es> writes:
> On 05/08/2013 03:30 PM, Tamas Papp wrote:
> > I wonder if you could set up an apt repo, so that I could get updates
> > automatically, until this ends up in the main Debian distro.
> >
> Unfortunately, i am not an official Debian maintainer anymore and
> therefore no longer have the possibility to upload any packages on
> behalf of the Debian project. So, i fear, someone else would need to
> take care of that.
>
> Additionally, it would be very nice if someone with proper access would
> also package tpacpi-bat for Debian.

This and tpacpi-bat could be filed as "wishlist" severity bugs on
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/ .  There is a pseudo-package WNPP (Work-Needing
and Prospective Packages) as the parent package under which to file for this
kind of thing.  Ref: http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

Of course, it never hurts to have an official maintainer to sponsor, and i'm
sure ultrabay-scripts would need it's own repo to make it into an official
package :)
Though the "anymore" in reference to official Debian maintainer status tells
me this is probably not news to you.

Again, thanks for the work,
sean