[ltp] Current state of the art T20 graphics/screen?

Evgeni Golov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 29 May 2013 07:18:52 +0200

On 05/29/2013 02:39 AM, Steven J. Owens wrote:

>      I bought my t520 in 2001

Can I have your Delorean for a ride? :)

>, it has nvidia graphics and as a result
> the external video doesn't work unless you're using nvidia, so I can't
> use it with my nice spiffy dell 24" monitor.  It has an intel
> i7-2720QM 2.2Ghz processor and the 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) screen.  Should
> I just order the same thing, or are there better options?

A T520 is a T520, they do not change much after the release.
Looking at http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:T520 your setup is
pretty much maxxed out. What you could do is to go with the newer T530
instead, but that's "only" newer generation hardware, nothing too exciting.