[ltp] recommended laptops of new batch?

Mark Wotton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 12 Nov 2013 11:03:41 -0800

--f46d04430472c3fc1404eaff8178

Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade from my t410 - while it's a lovely machine in many
ways, the linux compatibility doesn't seem to be that great (suspend has
never worked, hibernate took some effort, sound still drops out
unpredictably.) Has anyone looked into what the new batch is likely to be
like linux-wise? I'm eyeing off the w540, though the numpad is a bit of a
turnoff.

cheers
Mark

--
A UNIX signature isn't a return address, it's the ASCII equivalent of a
black velvet clown painting. It's a rectangle of carets surrounding a

--f46d04430472c3fc1404eaff8178

 my t410 - while it&#39;s a lovely machine in many ways, the linux compatib=
ility doesn&#39;t seem to be that great (suspend has never worked, hibernat=
e took some effort, sound still drops out unpredictably.) Has anyone looked=
 into what the new batch is likely to be like linux-wise? I&#39;m eyeing of=
f the w540, though the numpad is a bit of a turnoff.</div>
 UNIX signature isn&#39;t a return address, it&#39;s the ASCII equivalent o=
f a <br>black velvet clown painting. It&#39;s a rectangle of carets surroun=
ding a <br>
quote from a literary giant of weeniedom like Heinlein or Dr. Who. <br>=A0 =
=A0 =A0 =A0 -- Chris Maeda<br>

--f46d04430472c3fc1404eaff8178--